Electrical Contractor Licence
An electrical licence is required before any electrical wiring work can be undertaken in NSW. This applies regardless of its cost and whether the work is commercial, residential or industrial.
If you’re engaging an electrical contractor you should check that they have a valid contractor licence. You can check for a licence online or contact NSW Fair Trading to confirm that the person does hold a valid contractor’s licence. By law, all contractors must show their licence number on all advertising, stationery and signage.
Wollondilly Electrical Contracting and Sales Pty Ltd’s Electrical Contractor licence number is 201080C. Our electricians are also individually licenced.
Level 2 Accredited Service Provider
Wollondilly Electrical Contracting and Sales Pty Ltd is a Level 2 Accredited Service Provider. Our ASP number is ASP-3485 and our accreditation incorporates the following classes:
- Class 2A = Disconnect and reconnect at connection point (previous Category 1)
- Class 2B = Underground services (previous Category 2)
- Class 2C = Overhead services (previously Category 3)
- Class 2D = Metering Energising Installations – including disconnect and reconnect (previous Category 4)
An authorised Level 2 ASP can install, repair or maintain the overhead or underground service lines between the customer installation and the electricity network. This includes disconnecting and reconnecting existing premises from the network, installing electricity metering equipment and connecting service lines to the network and energising the installation.
Employees and sub-contractors of a Level 2 ASP electrical service must be qualified and registered with the ASP scheme. Only then can they ask your local electricity distributor for permission to work on power lines near your premises.
Level 2 ASP Services
- Class 2A, 2B, 2C and 2D
- Overhead and underground services
- New or relocated power lines
- Upgrades up to 400amps
- Temporary building supply
- Disconnections and reconnections
- Disconnect and reconnect of all metering
- Solar metering
- Off peak hot water metering
- Smart metering
- Temporary power supply metering
- Steel galvanised power poles
- Replacement of defective poles
- Temporary power poles
- Site power
- Switch Boards
- Upgrade supply
- 1 to 3 phase supply
- Circuit breaker and safety switch installs
- New installations
- Consumer mains and sub-mains
- Defect repairs